Friday, February 14, 2014

Gifts For Expecting! (Good For Any Holiday)

Morning mommas!! In light of today being Valentine's day I want to talk about some creative things you can do for your partner. With a baby on the way your partner takes a backseat and you become front and center...at least until the baby is born.  I want to share some ideas to keep your partner feeling the love on this Valentine's day.  Something I love to do is do a romantic gift and a silly, funny gift.  Through my pregnancy for whatever occasions we had or just because I always made sure to have something from the baby as well as from me.  It absolutely does't have to cost much, it is the thought that counts.  These gifts can apply to any holiday, not just Valentine's day!



Playbook-
If your partner is into sports you can make a Playbook.  Whatever sport your partner chooses, whether soccer, football, basketball, or baseball you can create a playbook geared towards parenthood.  Wisdom for the expecting.

Survival Kit-
Creating a survival gift for an expecting parent is so fun.  You can through in any little inside jokes you may have while also getting things you will actually need for when the baby arrives.  I made my husband a survival kit for his birthday.  He loved it and we actually ended up using most of the stuff in it.

Gift Basket-
Making a gift basket is a super fun way to include things for the new baby and some personal things as well.  Along with the survival kit I made my husband for his birthday I made him a gift basket that had alcohol nips, funny onesies, scratch tickets, the playbook I made him, framed photos of us and the utrasround.

Engraved Item-
If you know the gender of the baby and have decided on a name you could engrave something for your partner with your baby's initials.  Whatever they are interested in. You could also engrave a frame and put the baby's first ultrasound picture in it.

Gender Reveal-
If you want there to be a surprise element for your partner, one of you can find out the gender and plan a reveal for the other.  You can do this through framing a maternity photo in pink or blue, baking with pink or blue dye, or you can do a scavenger hunt and leave little clues and riddles. In my next post I will be talking about clever ways to do gender reveals!

Coupon Book-
Coupon books are alawys fun, thoughtful and inexpensive.  It is so important to let you partner feel loved through this process because they are put on the back burner.  Having a coupon book will allow you to have that time together in a fun way.  You can do just about anything whether you want it to be romantic, spicy, or just a movie night.

Glider-
This is a little bit pricier, but getting a glider for your partner would be benficial because that time when they spend in the rocker with the baby is so special.  In my own experience, the bond that my husband has whie rocking the baby is like my breastfeeding.

Bouquet-
Some men out there do enjoy a bouquet of roses, but for those that don't there are other ways to give a bouquet.  You could do a bouquet of your partner's favorite alcohol nips and cigars, or candy and snacks or coffee doing the bouquet in a nice mug.

There are a ton of ways to celebrate your partner, these are just a few! I hope this gives you some fun tips for your Valentine's day!! You can use these gift ideas for any holiday! Stay tuned for my next post on gender reveal!





MAD Blog Awards

No comments:

Post a Comment