Friday, February 7, 2014

Helping Mommies Everywhere!

        Hey ya'll! My name is Trish.  I am a new momma of a 3 month old little boy.  Prior to my pregnancy I was a nursing student on my way out and had to put that on hold for my son, temporarily.  My blog is going to be centered around pregnancy and post pregnancy help for moms!  
          I want to start off by telling you a little about my experience through my pregnancy.  I was going into it a high risk patient due to a previous miscarriage I had along with many other health problems.  I am only 21 now and was only 19 the first time I found out I was expecting.  The struggle of telling our parents we were pregnant and going through the accepting process made it that much more traumatic when we went to the doctor and found no heart beat.  After that I was told by 7 different doctors I would most likely never be able to have children.  Feeling defeated and depressed I crawled into a whole and my relationships suffered until I really started focusing on healthy living.  Centering my mind, body, and spirit through my faith and concentrating on working out and eating healthy.  After 5 months we found out we were pregnant again with our beautiful baby boy.  
            As I said before I was a very high risk pregnancy with my son.  From day one I was incredibly ill and could not seem to get out of my own way. I had "morning sickness" that lasted day in day out. You name it I had it.  I was admitted to Woman and Infants hospital at 4 months pregnant with kidney stones and a kidney infection and the "morning sickness" only became worse.  I was unable to hold down any food and minimal liquids.  The hospital had a bed with my name on it due to how much I was in and out.  Whether kidney stones, dehydration or the flu, my pregnancy was one big doctor's appointment.  
             I read book upon book about pregnancy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and why I didn't have the glow or positive experience I hear so many speak about.  After being in and out of a G.I. office and losing 50 pounds, I was put on in home IV's and bed rested for the remainder.  I had nurses coming twice a week and sticking me for IV's which was traumatic in itself.  Due to the dehydration it made it very difficult for the nurses to find a decent vein so I was stuck 4 to 5 times each time they came.  
              Needless to say, this will make you never want to have more babies! The cherry on top of the sundae is at 37 weeks my son was still for 24 hours... no movement and I was having horrible headaches. I was sent in for a non-stress test at my OBGYN's office they did further testing with an u/s which sent us to the hospital. They did my blood pressure which was 190/135 and I was tachy.  A doctor came in almost immediately and said my diagnosis was preeclampsia and it was time to have a baby.  I am pretty sure I almost peed I was so terrified! I went through the induction process, which thank God worked, and 12 hours later my husband and I were holding our baby boy.  That moment made everything worth it and I would do it a million times over for him. 
               I am sharing all of this with you because I hope to give some insight to expecting moms who are having a similar experience.  I didn't have someone I could go to who knew what I was going through, everyone I dealt with had beautiful pregnancies.  Even my doctors were shocked at the experience I had.  My goal is to be here if you have any questions or concerns because I know how it feels to be there and people looked at me like I was doing something wrong.  I did everything right according to the doctors, it was just how my body reacted and I was blessed with a gorgeous and healthy baby who is thriving.  He was 6 pounds and 20 inches at birth and 3 months later is 13 pounds and 25.5 inches and stricly fed with my breastmilk.  
              Through this blog I want to help moms going through a difficult time with their pregnancy and moms having a difficult time post pregnancy.  Follow along as I take you through different ways to help pregnant and post pregnant mommas mentally and physically.

You can follow me on twitter:  
https://twitter.com/helpingmomstone

You can friend me on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/trish.moise

You can connect with me on Linkedin:
www.linkedin.com/pub/trish-moise-russo/8b/3b5/a6a/
MAD Blog Awards

No comments:

Post a Comment