Sunday, May 4, 2014

doTERRA Essential Oils


In the world today, I am finding that for every ache, pain, ailment, or just because, people take medications and that solves the problem.  I am one for looking to natural remedies as much as possible.  That is not to say that medications are not beneficial, because at times they certainly are necessary; but, I feel you should look to the natural first.  Especially during pregnancy, when medications could not only harm you, but your child too.  Overall, my belief is to look at the natural first.

This past week I have had the pleasure of testing out some products for a company called, doTERRAdoTERRA is a wonderful company that created quality therapeutic-grade essential oils.  doTERRA truly has a product for everything!  

I received an email from doTERRA as what package I would like based on my family’s needs and goals.  I wasn’t too sure about the products and I didn’t know what to expect so I asked her to just send me what she though would be best.  doTERRA sent me an introductory kit consisting of an audio presentation of what the products are capable of, a beginner’s guide, a magazine, and the most important part, 3 essential oils, Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint.

Each product has it’s own purpose and will target different things.

  • Apply to the bottom of feet or on a pillow before sleeping
  • Use to calm reaction to a bee sting or s bite
  • Use with bath salts for a relaxing spa bathing experience
  • Apply to wrists or inhale when traveling to ease motion upset
  • Apply to soothe sunburned or scalded skin
  • Apply to hands, feet, or back of a restless child
  • Use to soothe diaper rash
  • Calm sensitive skin and soothe pores after hair removal
  • Apply to dry, chapped lips before applying lip balm
  • Use with peppermint for a healthy scalp massage
  • Add to lotion for a stress-relieving hand massage

Personal Use:
Sleep- I apply to my son’s feet every night and he falls asleep within 10 minutes! The scent even makes me sleepy!!
Post Shaving- I use it right after the shower after I have shaved to avoid and razor burn.
Cracked hands- My husband has dermatitis on his hands so they get cracked and cause him pain.  He uses about 2 drops on his hands and he has had such an improvement!
Massage- After a long day, when the baby is put in the crib, my husband will give me a massage every once in a while, he used this oil and it was so relaxing.  Much better than using thick, smelly, lotions.

  • Add a drop to your water
  • Diffuse aromatically or apply topically for mood elevation
  • Add a drop to honey to soothe a cough or sore throat
  • Dilute with coconut oil for daily fingernail massage
  • Apply to directly to cold sores
  • Add a drop of lemon and peppermint to your toothbrush after use
  • Diffuse in a room to neutralize odor
  • Remove gum, label, adhesives, and greasy substances from fabric
  • Use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances
  • Add to olive oil for a non-toxic furniture polish

Personal Use:
Pick-me-up- We just leave the bottle open in the room and it is strong enough to lift the exhaustion and up the mood.
Sore throat- I add a drop to water or tea when I have allergies or a sore throat.  I am actually using this as we speak.  I woke up with a sore throat and added some to my tea.  Instantly soothes.
Ease nausea- This past week my husband and I have been driving out of the state and we both have motion sickness.  Just inhaling this helped ease the nausea. 

  • Rub on stomach or feet, or take a drop internally to calm indigestion or upset stomach
  • Use with lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse
  • Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to open sinuses and airways
  • Apply with lavender to sore, tired joints
  • Breath during a meal to help you feel full
  • Add to a cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated
  • Inhale as a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me-up on long drives
  • Add to shampoo and conditioner for a stimulating hair and scalp massage
  • Use with lavender and lemon during allergy season
  • Spread on child’d shirt before studying for alertness

Personal Use:
Diet- Always trying to eat right, adding a small dab to my feet before I eat helps me feel full so I don’t eat more for the sake of eating.
Feeling full- I put a dab on my stomach after eating to avoid that overly stuffed feeling.
Alert- Keeps my husband alert while driving extended periods of time.
Mouth wash- With lemon and water, it makes a great mouth wash and actually whitens teeth!

I have found some amazing relief from these oils, whether just to help sleep, or heal my husband’s cracked hands!  I can not wait to try some other products that they offer.  I would recommend this as a start before trying anything else.

In my line of work, pregnancy, labor and delivery, and babies, I am constantly looking for new ways to help mommas!  doTERRA also have a line of essential oils for pregnancy, birth and baby.  Of course before using anything at all you should consult your doctor or midwife.  I will have more for all of you on their essential oils for pregnancy, birth and baby coming up.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read what information you have about oils for birth. I'm training for my DONA birth doula certification and would love information to give to my clients. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is some information on oils for birth!! Feel free to share any and all!!
      http://helpmomstone.blogspot.com/2014/05/doterra-essential-oils-for-pregnancy.html

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of essential oils and always looking for new ways to use them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with #SmallVictoriesSundaylinkup. We know someone who is a doTerra consultant and I tried the Deep Blue for my Rheumatoid Arthritic hands and feet and it helped. It also helped Superhubby's back. I haven't tried any others but have been tempted to :)

    Pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete